Saturday, January 12, 2013

Resolute

First, I just have to say that it is January 12, 2013 and it is 65 degrees. No, that's not the temperature inside. That is the temperature outside and I love it. The snow has melted and the daffodils have been fooled because they are poking up out of the ground. I am pretending that spring is right around the corner, rather than more winter weather.

But alas, it is still more like New Year's resolution time. Every morning I ask God for help with the more serious resolutions and to prep me for the day by granting me patience, wisdom, empathy and productivity. I guess that is probably more like asking for pwep for the day.  Unfortunately, I am sad to say that by nightfall I have usually fallen short with each one but always hope that I have another day to try again and do better.

So, I also like to fool around by coming up with really silly resolutions. Like, trying to get better at doing the wobble dance. You'll have to google that because I can't quite find the words to describe it well. I also figure that I may get better at the wobble if I practice every time for 2 minutes while brushing my teeth. Now that's time management. I'll have to look for that egg timer I misplaced.

Lots of people make that traditional resolution of eating healthier. Fish is good for you so I am thinking of trying Sushi for the first time. And while I am at it, I guess I can throw jello into that category as well. They are both good for you and challenging to swallow because of that squiggly quality. I'll try to get "high school skinny" but for me that goal should probably be more like "junior high skinny." Have to go further back in time for me to get to that "skinny era." So, its time cupcake, to get back into the yoga routine. Taking the recycling to the curb does not count as exercise.
"Gray butterfly! Have you a dream for going. Or are you the blind wind's blowing?" ~Dana Burnet

Around new year's, I had a moment when I just picked up the paintbrush and felt like painting on the wall...freestyle. No planning, no thinking, just enjoying the feel of the paint sliding, sloshing and dripping around on the wall. Well, actually I did have a little bit of an idea in mind. I wanted to give the butterflies a home by starting a butterfly garden. It was fun but if the flowers and leaves look a little stilted and tense, it's probably because I was wearing beige paints while painting. This was such a spontaneous moment, that I didn't even put on a paint smock. Maybe, I'll tend to the garden and add more flowers to keep it growing, but for right now, it will have to do.

No comments:

__________ROY G. BIV

__________ROY G. BIV
Prism Captured Under the Crimson King. Photographer's beginning luck. Fine example of serendipity. Can't remember now of what I was really trying to take a picture."

INSPIRED BY

A Love of Nature
Serendipity
Fascination with Color

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
-Author Unknown

Over time I've learned not to fight a lot of things, including what my art looks like. Today, it comes from my soul and I allow it only to be source of joy. It has become one of my essential ingredients for happiness.

" The 3 essential elements of happiness are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Alan K. Chalmers

“First I dream my painting. Then I paint my dream” – Vincent van Gogh.

While my paintings are escapism, the real world reminds me daily of the work we have yet to do and the purpose that we serve. “To whom much is given, much is expected.” - Luke 12: 48


Welcome to My First Art Show in the Courtyard

Welcome to My First Art Show in the Courtyard
"Had lots of fun being a quirky artiste for a day! There was a cool band that played some great classic rock tunes. The temperature was well into the nineties. I loved basking in the sunshine. If you enjoy talking about art, this is a really easy way of meeting interesting people."