Sunday, June 10, 2012

Age of Aquarius



When Venus aligns with the Sun and Earth is in between, then the outline of Venus can be seen against the Sun. Peace will guide the planets (sing with me)...and love will rule the stars . Well, something like that.

By the way, the next Venus Transit will not take place until 2117 so I hope you had set your camera. I kinda missed seeing this sight as my boat to Mauna Kea, Hawaii did not leave on time. And alas, it was too misty in Pittsburgh to see much. When I think of these miracles events, it does become a tad bit overwhelming. Doesn't nature inspire the best ideas for designs? And it does all the work for you in coming up with the best dramatic color combinations for your organic compositions.

The Venus Transit.
Reminds me of the yin and the yang but only in black and gold.

Sometimes, when I look at a flower that I am studying for a painting, I am totally overwhelmed by the complexities and vastness of the universe. The interdependence of everything and the myriad of eco systems is unfathomable.  One cannot but feel the existence of a supreme power. Omnipotence. Omniscience. Omnipresence. Totally awesome.

It is good practice to try to keep learning about stuff that goes on in the world around you. Learning for me, is also a regular lesson in humility. Everytime I think that I am learning something new, I am blanketed by a feeling of how little I will always know. Understanding how the universe works quickly becomes incomprehensible. I guess that's why they call it faith.

"For a painter, nothing is more difficult than to paint a rose, because in order to do so he must first forget every rose that has ever been painted." - Henri Matisse

No comments:

__________ROY G. BIV

__________ROY G. BIV
Prism Captured Under the Crimson King. Photographer's beginning luck. Fine example of serendipity. Can't remember now of what I was really trying to take a picture."

INSPIRED BY

A Love of Nature
Serendipity
Fascination with Color

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
-Author Unknown

Over time I've learned not to fight a lot of things, including what my art looks like. Today, it comes from my soul and I allow it only to be source of joy. It has become one of my essential ingredients for happiness.

" The 3 essential elements of happiness are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Alan K. Chalmers

“First I dream my painting. Then I paint my dream” – Vincent van Gogh.

While my paintings are escapism, the real world reminds me daily of the work we have yet to do and the purpose that we serve. “To whom much is given, much is expected.” - Luke 12: 48


Welcome to My First Art Show in the Courtyard

Welcome to My First Art Show in the Courtyard
"Had lots of fun being a quirky artiste for a day! There was a cool band that played some great classic rock tunes. The temperature was well into the nineties. I loved basking in the sunshine. If you enjoy talking about art, this is a really easy way of meeting interesting people."