Friday, April 13, 2012

Horsing Around



Come a little closer. That camera looks yummy.
 
Elvert the Gubknit and I decided to leave the Blog Bog for a day and go down to the park to see the  friendly equines. I don't really know them very well but that did not seem to matter much to them. They poked their heads over the fence to eagerly reach the luscious green dandelions that I had freshly picked and snatched them right out of my fingers. They were very gracious, never refusing any of my offerings.

I was mesmerized as I watched their lips fold up as they nudged me and I couldn't help but think "what big teeth you have." Whoops, wrong story. Sorry.

Dazzle the Dancing Dragonfly did not come with Elvert and me, murmuring something about having to practice her plies. Sweet Pea was also afraid to join us. Something about the horses' fondness for vegetation. Snap. Crunch. Yikes! Princess Sapphire and King Siam stayed back in the Blog Bog World, meowing about that darn Dalmatian who lived in the stable and how he wasn't a very good hostess the last time they visited. Probably the dog chasing cat issue had surfaced again.


 Another painting of the Bog-on the day we left on our adventure.

So. That just left me and Elvert, whom no one seemed to notice. Or maybe they just couldn't tell him apart from all the other Gubknits flying around. But that probably accounts for all the odd looks I was garnering as I carried on an animated conversation with my friends. "You're so pretty" I said to the chestnut mare and "My, you're a big one" to what looked like a Clydesdale Budweiser horse. They were so silly with their head bobs, grinning teeth, and the way they went after my fingers for more snacks. For a minute, I thought Elvert was going to get gobbled up too. But all in all, it was a lovely adventure with God's creatures in paradise. You'll have to come with us the next time!

He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.


~Author Unknown

No comments:

__________ROY G. BIV

__________ROY G. BIV
Prism Captured Under the Crimson King. Photographer's beginning luck. Fine example of serendipity. Can't remember now of what I was really trying to take a picture."

INSPIRED BY

A Love of Nature
Serendipity
Fascination with Color

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
-Author Unknown

Over time I've learned not to fight a lot of things, including what my art looks like. Today, it comes from my soul and I allow it only to be source of joy. It has become one of my essential ingredients for happiness.

" The 3 essential elements of happiness are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Alan K. Chalmers

“First I dream my painting. Then I paint my dream” – Vincent van Gogh.

While my paintings are escapism, the real world reminds me daily of the work we have yet to do and the purpose that we serve. “To whom much is given, much is expected.” - Luke 12: 48


Welcome to My First Art Show in the Courtyard

Welcome to My First Art Show in the Courtyard
"Had lots of fun being a quirky artiste for a day! There was a cool band that played some great classic rock tunes. The temperature was well into the nineties. I loved basking in the sunshine. If you enjoy talking about art, this is a really easy way of meeting interesting people."